Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Your Complimentary Christopher Cross YouTube Comment


We're still alive here at the Egg, and thankfully so are the legions of lonely Christopher Cross fans flocking to his videos in order to find solace in an unjust world. Today we find ellegy, who proves that demasculating yourself in public is one part self reflection, one part awful metaphor.

ellegy
This song makes me think of Sheila. I'll never be the same. I sank
our sailboat in pain.


Luckily, ellegy provided me with other metaphors that just didn't have the emotional reach the the final product provided:
  • I eroded her sand dunes and the foundation collapsed due to geological factors beyond my control
  • I murdered our dolphin in a fishing net made for tuna
  • I paddled our dingy but the oar broke and rowing with one oar is exhausting
  • I shut the valve on our scuba tank of emotions.

No comments:

Post a Comment